Author Topic: Irrigation with Multiple Wells  (Read 2939 times)

Cary Austin

• Inventor, Owner, Chief Cook and Bottle Washer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://www.cyclestopvalves.com
Irrigation with Multiple Wells
« on: September 20, 2014, 12:16:44 PM »

Dear Cary,

After becoming an avid user of the Cycle Stop Valve as a dealer and installer I have sent some pictures of a system we were working on. These two wells are in a large subdivision with two 10 horse submersible pumps. As you can see, they had very small tanks with the Hydro Servants by Red Jacket. The Hydro Servants were not working when we checked the system out initially. The pumps were cycling way too much which has taken out numerous start capacitors and relays. We assumed the motors would be next if something wasn't done. We installed the two CSV's (CSV3B2T) along with two WWT-120 Flexcon tanks. The reason for the larger tanks was because of leaks in the sprinkler system. The larger tanks will keep the pumps from cycling so much while keeping up with the leaks.

The main reason for the CSV's was the fact that every homeowner has their own sprinkler timer at their home. So the amount of water being used at any one time could be as little as 10 gpm or somewhere over 150 gpm. The only way to keep from cycling the pumps to death was to install the CSV's.

I have been in the Well Drilling and Pump service business in Michigan and Florida for over 40 years. I have tried the Hydro Servant and the Flexcon Smart Tee. The Hydro Servant didn't work like I thought it should and the first Smart Tee I installed immediately plugged up. The small screen inside the valve got covered with PVC glue and mineral deposits, which kept water from getting through. I had to remove the screen permanently. I sold several more Smart Tees but removed the screen first.

Since discovering CSV, I was convinced a large tank was the best protection for a motor. Now, I use CSV's exclusively. I can install them with confidence, knowing my customers will get years of trouble free service while not spending as much for the CSV and a much smaller tank.

Thank you for a great product,

Bob Tabor
 VP: Boss Pump & Well