Author Topic: CSV "perfect"  (Read 4608 times)

Cary Austin

• Inventor, Owner, Chief Cook and Bottle Washer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://www.cyclestopvalves.com
CSV "perfect"
« on: September 21, 2014, 11:29:28 AM »
CSV, Inc.

Thank you for the phone support earlier this week. I was struggling to get my irrigation system working again. I knew I had ample pressure at the filter yet the system was not keeping up with the demand for even the smaller sprinkler zones. After doing a few tests, I thought it may be the CSV-Z valve. After we talked, I took the CSV-Z apart and inspected it. Everything looked good.

While I had it apart I turned on the pump and low and behold, barely a trickle came out of the brass body. Needless to say that eliminated the CSV as the problem. The problem turned out to be the filter. The old filter had cracked so I had replaced it, forgetting that the old one had a much coarser mesh. The new one had clogged very quickly which was the reason for high pressure at the filter (pre element spigot) and not sufficient demand out at the sprinkler heads. It was a bit hard to troubleshoot because I now realize that I was draining the system using the filter spigot, which would clean out some of the debris, allowing the filter to work a bit better for a short time. Then it would clog again.

Thank you again. I appreciated the support. I believe the CSV-Z does a great job at keeping my pump alive by reducing the cycling. Without the CSV my pump was cycling every 30 seconds, whereas once the CSV was installed, it cycles once. It runs the pump at the needed demand the whole time the system is watering then shuts it off once the water cycle ends and the tank fills back up to capacity. Perfect.

Matt Ashenden