Author Topic: Pump Recommendation  (Read 2711 times)

gaffcat

• View Profile
Pump Recommendation
« on: September 11, 2016, 01:57:37 PM »
I have a working system with a CSV12560-1. It is a shallow well and I currently have a Flint & Walling 1/2hp CPJ05B pump and 40-60 switch. There are just two people in my house but we have a small rental house also on the same system. The system works but the pump runs a long time to get up to 60 lbs pressure. The pump is also 20 years old. I would like to upgrade to a higher capacity pump to reduce run time and supply more water. I have been looking at pumps but I am overwhelmed by all the choices. I want a good pump and as my current pump has lasted so long I could replace it with another of the same model but higher hp. Perhaps it is a dated design though. What should I look for in a pump to be the best fit for use with a Cycle Stop Valve? Do you have any specific recommendations for a 1hp pump?

Cary Austin

• Inventor, Owner, Chief Cook and Bottle Washer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://www.cyclestopvalves.com
Re: Pump Recommendation
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2016, 05:00:43 PM »
The CPJ05B is a convertible jet pump and there are two ejector assemblies available.  I bet you have the 1730, which will only build a max pressure of about 70 PSI.  If you use the 1828 ejector, it will build about 85 PSI max.  It will still only pump about
6-7 GPM at 60 PSI, so if you use more than that the pressure will be low.

You could upgrade to a 3/4HP with the CPJ07B.  Using the 1726 ejector it can build about 100 PSI max, and will produce 9-10 GPM at 60 PSI.