Author Topic: Should I have a spigot before the CSV?  (Read 4178 times)

kgtgv4

• View Profile
Should I have a spigot before the CSV?
« on: October 13, 2016, 10:56:17 AM »
I'm planning on installing my CSV sidekick this weekend and was wondering if it would be wise to install a spigot before the csv? The primary use of this spigot would be to fill large tanks of water. Or should I put it after the CSV? Also, I have other garden hoses around the property that are currently tied in before the pressure tank, I plan on moving them after the CSV to reduce pressure and stop the surging flows.

Current Setup:
3/4 HP pump
|-----2 garden hose
|-----40/60 pressure tank --> Water softener --> House with tank-less hot water heater

Planned Setup:
3/4 HP pump
|-----1 high flow water line
|-----CSV w/sidekick --> Water softener --> House with tank-less hot water heater
                             |-->2 garden hoses

I plan on using all 1" sch 40 PVC pipe and some 1" HDPE flex pipe that is already in place.

Am I missing anything? Does anything above sound off? I am looking forward to consistent pressure and hot showers! 

Thanks,
Kyle
« Last Edit: October 13, 2016, 11:44:03 AM by kgtgv4 »

Cary Austin

• Inventor, Owner, Chief Cook and Bottle Washer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://www.cyclestopvalves.com
Re: Should I have a spigot before the CSV?
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2016, 05:14:29 PM »
Sorry for the delay.  All faucets need to be after the CSV.  They can be before the pressure tank and pressure switch, but must be after the CSV.  This is hard to do with the PK1A as the CSV, tank, and switch are all together.

You can use a faucet that is located prior to the CSV but you should either use is very lightly, like to fill a dog water bowl, or make sure it is using all the water the pump can produce, so the pump does not cycle.