Author Topic: Help choosing your valve  (Read 2681 times)

michaelshin1

• View Profile
Help choosing your valve
« on: May 01, 2017, 08:08:43 PM »
I have a well tha pumps uphill to storage tanks about 150 feet elevation. Current goulds well pump is set at 60/80 psi.
I am not concerned about instant volume that it pumps as I jave 7500 total storage. Water is gravity fed to my basement about 50 feet below the tanks.

Since I am simply filling my tanks as necessary, what valve setup do you recommend as it cycles constantly when it needs to fill the tanks.
Thanks
Michael

Cary Austin

• Inventor, Owner, Chief Cook and Bottle Washer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://www.cyclestopvalves.com
Re: Help choosing your valve
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2017, 08:56:04 AM »
We match Cycle Stop Valves to the pump size.  So if you have any info on the pump and depth to water in the well it would help.  A CSV will keep the pump running steady while filling the storage tank. 

But having said that, most well pumps that are feeding storage tanks do not need a pressure tank and pressure switch.  Normally you would just use a float switch to turn the pump on and off, and the pressure tank/pressure switch would not be needed and the pump would not cycle.

michaelshin1

• View Profile
Re: Help choosing your valve
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2017, 05:41:10 PM »
Thank you for great info. I will disable the pressure switch and run with the motor controller only.
I wish I knew this but the guy that installed a new pump never told me this. I will be installing your valve kit with a new Goulds booster pump next week and look forward to improved water pressure.