Author Topic: CSV125-1 Installation  (Read 2652 times)

ls7e

• View Profile
CSV125-1 Installation
« on: May 30, 2017, 04:43:37 PM »
I had a yard hydrant put in about 5 years ago. Water line is 3ft+ deep. When installed, installer placed a check valve upstream from hydrant as he stated this was the right thing to do. This buried check valve is about 10 ft  downstream from deep well casing of a 1hp submersible pump. Should I refrain from installing the CSV125-1 until I can dig down to line and remove the check valve?

Cary Austin

• Inventor, Owner, Chief Cook and Bottle Washer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://www.cyclestopvalves.com
Re: CSV125-1 Installation
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2017, 07:19:01 AM »
The CSV125 needs to be installed before the hydrant.  It could go in the well or in place of the check valve.  With that check valve before the hydrant it will still allow use of the hydrant.  But the extra check valve is just a problem waiting to happen.  If it is not already causing a water hammer on pump start it will cause that in a matter of time.  Not only does the extra check valve cause water hammer on pump start, but it keeps the underground line at negative pressure, which can draw in contamination from the dirt and mud.  The check valve needs to be removed, but I don't think it will have an effect on the CSV125 installed before the hydrant.